Monday, 29 July 2013

The Art of Dressing Up.

Today I've been watching a lot of Advanced Style videos and getting inspired. 
I found this incredible woman, Tziporah Salamon, who teaches classes on The Art of Dressing. Looking at the amazing outfits she has put together has really inspired me and made me think a lot about what I wear. 
I've always loved dressing up and creating my own individual style. For me, fashion is more than what you wear, it's what you feel, how you show yourself to the world and most importantly how you feel about yourself. It's not "attention seeking" to dress differently, no, for the most part i believe it is as though you are painting a picture. I feel as though when I'm designing or planning an outfit, it all comes down to how I feel about myself and what I want to create.

Films, magazines, books, art, paintings, runway and photographs can all inspire your outfits, it's never just one thing, it's usually a lot of thought that goes into these outfits and I really appreciate the ladies (and gentlemen) of Advanced Style, because you can tell they put a lot of thought into what they're wearing.

When you dress up, you feel better about yourself. More confident and happy. You really get to be yourself and show others "This is who I am."
And the people who think you look ridiculous? The ones who laugh? Well. They don't understand. And you should feel sorry for them, because you're the one that gets to create a work of art and then wear it. What could be better?

I believe everyone should dress for themselves. If you're happy with what you're wearing and you believe it reflects who you are, don't let anyone tell you different. If you painted a painting and adored it, would you let anyone tell you "That isn't art" ? No! Of course not. Art is what you feel it is, it's what inspires you and gives you confidence. It is your idea of beauty and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, because they are not part of your painting.

So, carry on wearing your oversized earrings,
Your tailored suits and vintage dressing gowns,
Shoes and accessories that are out of this world!
Because you're in charge of your style and your happiness,
And you never know who you could inspire.

Videos that inspired me:




xxx

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I also find dressing differently is a way of pretending I'm not shy haha <33

    http://daisychainsforever.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah, yes!! it's wonderful and gives you all this hidden confidence! or it makes you look confident! hehe ^^ aaaah, i love your blog SO much!! Effie is my favourite too omg :D <333

      Delete